Losing a customer is painful for any sale professional, but it can be even more painful for REALTORS® like yourself, since you do not get paid unless your customer stays with you to the very end of a transaction. Take a pro-active approach and protect your customer relationships by empowering your customers to take control of their home search, all without cutting you out of the loop or losing them to other REALTORS®.
Why use SavvyCard® to Empower Your Customers?
Chances are you’ve lost a customer because they used a 3rd party app to search for properties, and connected with a different agent who showed up as part of that search. Sometimes buyers, not understanding that all realtors have access to the MLS to search for homes, think that another source (like a competing brokerage, agent, or internet player like Zillow) might have “better” or additional homes for them to view. And many times, competing agents will show up next to your listings in search results because they’ve paid for placed advertising, and your customer thinks they should call them instead of you. SavvyCard to the rescue! Searches done with your SavvyCard’s quick and easy MLS search tool appends only YOUR contact information to ALL results, providing a better search experience for your customers while protecting your relationship with them – at the same time.
Follow these 6 simple steps to empower your customers and protect your relationship:
1. Launch and share your SavvyCard with your customer
For a refresher, see Sharing Your SavvyCard via Email and Text on our blog.
2. Show your customer how to save your SavvyCard so they can always get to it quickly and easilyFor a refresher, see Saving Your SavvyCard on our blog
3. Show your customers how to find homes using the integrated MLS search
Be sure to point out the following key points in searching:
- Only basic search criteria is shown by default; click the More Options button to see additional search criteria.
- GPS search is the best way to find available homes in a neighborhood that catches their eye.
- If you or your brokerage have upgraded to SavvyCard for Agents™ Pro, be sure to show them the difference between searching your featured listings and doing a full MLS search
4. Show your customers how to request additional information or a showing on a select property.
Your customers can request additional information or a showing of a property just by filling out and submitting a short form at the bottom of any Listings Detail page.
5. Show your customers how to find service providers and affiliates that you recommend.
This gives them a reason to come back to you again and again in the future, even after your sale has closed, and strengthens your relationship over time. If you need assistance populating your “Recommend” button with service provider contact information (or if you’re in a Find Services service area and want to learn about the Find Services button, which replaces the Recommend button with a fully populated Home Services directory) reach out to our Customer Success Specialists at (727) 502-6012 for a quick lesson.
6. Be sure to show your customers how to share your SavvyCard with their friends and acquaintances.
Once they see the powerful tool you have provided, they will be eager to share it with friends, family and anyone they meet who is thinking of buying or selling a home.
Empowering your customer gives them the tools and knowledge they need take control of their own home buying destiny, and secures your relationship with them.
Want More Tips? Sign Up for Complimentary Marketing Training.
Sign up for free SavvyCard training with SavvyCard’s Customer Success Specialists. They’ll teach you a bunch of innovative and effective ways to help generate new business using your SavvyCard. You’ve nothing to lose and lots to gain!